Tuesday, May 7, 2013

blog 13

The poem that I like the best was "my papas waltz" which brought back many memories of my younger days some of them very unpleasant memories but a lot of good memories of my father who left this world to early.
The poem that I liked the least was "ode on a Grecian urn" that poem went into to much detail on a insignificant item that he could only enjoy.
My favorite short story was the story to build a fire written Jack London whose read many times in my past.
My least favorite short story was the hungry artist which again went into too much detail about things that were not important except for the people that were there.
Death of a sales man is a good story to work as a group discussion and also if the play was acted out it would be easier to understand.
Both of these movies are a necessary items for group discussion and I feel we would gain more knowledge if we focused on these items instead of the poems.
yes, watching the videos helps those students that are visual learners because students are becoming more visual learners.
My favorite in-class activity was when we had visiting professors come to the class because it provide us a different view of the material that we were learning.
I found that 40 poems was a bit too much for a literature class that has so much material to cover.
small group discussion were a valuable learning lesson and they did not have to present to be a learning stimuli.
No, the best items for this class would be more visiting instructors giving different views about the poems, short stories and plays.
The blog entries are a good idea for traditional students but the non-traditional students find no help in it.
The one enjoyed the most was on the death of a sales man because it gave many different views of the story.
The one I enjoyed the least was the one about Facebook which I found boring and gained very little knowledge.

2 comments:

  1. i liked your choices of poems short storyies. i agree that the instructor should be there for their students but it's also your job to ask for a time that works for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As this is a survey-type course, I can't rightly ignore poetry, even though it seems to be the most challenging and least liked by students :)

    ReplyDelete